Time flies when you’re filling out questionnaires.
11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
It really depends. If I knew my close friend was a ‘friend’ of them too, I’d confront them with what they said, since you shouldn’t criticise a friend of yours in such a distasteful way. However, if they didn’t know my close friend personally, I’d stay quiet but tell my close friend afterwards so she knows that they’re no good. I personally would never see these people the same again. My trust in them would be scarred, maybe even for life. Who knows who they are distasteful about as well?
12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
‘Live fearlessly.’ We are all human, we all deserve to really live. People shouldn’t be scared of speaking up, of (not) doing certain things. I want people to live the life they want to live so that when their time comes they can look back with a big smile and say that they lived fearlessly.
13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
I’d go to a certain length to save a loved one. However, if it meant that other people would get killed along the way, I don’t think I’d be able to do it. These are one of those things that, if you are in a position like this, happen in such a blur that you don’t zone out and think, you just do and might break the law whilst doing it.
14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
I haven’t and I don’t really think I’ll ever see.
15. What’s something you know you do differently than most people?
I don’t want to come up with something that’s very cheesy or standard, so I’d say I’m vegetarian (who is going to try and turn vegan when she moves out), along with 5% of all Dutch citizens. It’s a lifestyle that has me thriving as a human, as weird as it may sound.